Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Prezi

Josh, the preacher at Arnold has put me onto a web site that is new to me. prezi.com is an online presentation tool that one can use to create a presentation using flash. After the presentation is completed it can be downloaded or viewed from the web site. I have really enjoyed using it. It defiantly is better then PowerPoint on a few things but on the other hand it is limited in other ways. I guess the best is the open canvas to work on. There are no slides or animations to choose from. It is so easy to use that I started using it without any kind of tutorial (although there are tutorials if you want to watch them). Further more, the teens seem to be responding to it well. Best of all it is free to use! Now if only I had a Smart Board...


I have put together two presentations, check them out and feel free to comment on them.

http://prezi.com/ds7iu3pabsqx/jesus-miracles/

http://prezi.com/xnvnyzt9bu1b/the-new-birth-john-3/

3 comments:

Mark said...

This is an awesome tool. Thanks for the heads up!

Mark

Andy said...

Yea I really like it. Also one of my friends told me a cheep way to make a smart board. I haven't reasearched it much (I just found out about it tonight). Apparently if you mount a couple of three wii motes and sync the blu tooth to a computer, the using a projected and an infrared light pen convert any solid surface into a smart board. I'll let you know more when I do.

Casey McDonald said...

Sweet presentations bro. I will certainly try this tool out. I like that they're accessible online too. I've heard about using Wii motes to make a smart board as well, that would be nice to have set up too.